Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Rambling the Night Away

Hi. :)

I'm alive! I know it's been a bit since I've given any sort of update. So sorry for the delay. I've been having trouble juggling things, but what is new. 

I haven't written in close to 5 months. I made a vow to myself that I was going to focus on myself and life and try to meet someone first. I thought I may have found that with someone, but it wasn't right. I haven't been out with anyone since, but I am back on the dating websites. 

I feel like a failure as a writer because I can't shut my brain off for 2.5 seconds enough to jot down some words. Maybe someday I will get back to that. 

The last song I wrote was in January, Wolves, but we will not get to release that for quite sometime. I have been contemplating putting myself back out there again whether it is singing or acting. I just miss being onstage. 

In less than a month I am headed to Maui with two of my co-workers. It has been so long since I've been on a vacation, and I'm really excited to finally go back to Hawaii after six years! I am going to try to eat more streamlined until then. Fruit, salads, white rice, etc. I am also going to be trying to get off my ass and work out. I want to feel and look better than I do. 

I got my taxes done and it was a huge punch in the gut. I am going to have to pay the IRS $1100 back. Since when is that fair? I paid nearly $10k in taxes already, but apparently that was just not enough. It doesn't help that I have no write offs. I could have saved all my book expenses, but it really wouldn't have made much of a difference. 

On the positive side of things, I just recently got a promotion with a raise. I get to keep my same title for my own sanity, but I'm happy my hard work is being rewarded. Also, I've been helping build the career of a "Tina Turner Impersonator" and while it sounds crazy, I foresee a little extra money. :)

A lot of auditions came through for Emerging from Darkness. I am really excited. It is going to be so different than the first narrator. I can't wait to hear the finished book. 

Also, totally random, but a lot of people have been telling me that I need to try being a stand-up comedian. I've never thought about it but I know I can make people laugh for the most part as long as they know me. I've been thinking a little bit on it, but I just think my delivery sucks. If I can get it down, I'm going to try to tackle a couple of open mics. 

I know I'm just rambling, but I rarely come on here so I want to be thorough!

Anyways, don't forget - if you're not doing something you love, you're not really living. <3 font="">

No comments: