Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Saturday, October 01, 2016

So You Want to Self-Publish: Stage Twelve



STAGE TWELVE: WHAT PLATFORMS WILL YOUR BOOK BE AVAILABLE ON?

Biggest E-Book Platforms:
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Itunes, & Kobo, Draft2Digital, Smashwords

Biggest Print Book Platforms:
Createspace, & Lulu

I have been publishing since 2014, and in my opinion I’ve had the best success with Amazon and Createspace. Everyone is different, and everyone will have a bit of different experiences, but the majority of my readers come from one website. I also have all of my books currently enrolled in Kindle Unlimited, so that means for 90 days I am exclusive to Amazon. Honestly, I make very little to nothing off each page read in that program, it’s normally around half a cent, but that’s where I make my money. More people read my books through that program then buying them outright.

I did try B&N and Kobo, but had very little to no success with either. Sometimes it’s just a matter of playing around with the different platforms and pricing.

I should also mention that I use Smashwords as well to distribute to the other platforms apart from going direct.

No comments: