Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Indie Fall Fest: Sunday Brunch


All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were given the option to answer a question for Sunday Brunch. Here are their answers.

What is a genre you would like to write in but haven't attempted yet?

Mystery, humor

Bridie Hall



Historical Romance

T.A. Uner



Contemporary

Ruth Silver



I'm interested in writing two different genres - Non-Fiction and Contemporary Romance. I'd love to write a Project Management book aimed at small businesses. I have over 8 years of professional experience as a Project Manager and have a lot to offer companies, especially small ones, on how to stay organized and successful. Also, I'd love to write a contemporary romance about the innocence of young love. More on this after The Summer Solstice series is complete.

K.K. Allen



Historical Fiction

Erin Albert Rhew



Historical Fiction. It terrifies me because there is so much responsibility to portray the person - and time period - correctly.

Cynthia Witherspoon



I would love to write more nonfiction-- perhaps something book-length someday. I loved Meghan O'Rourke's The Long Goodbye and I'm in awe of writers like Mary Karr, Michelle Orange, and Joan Didion. I hope to devote some real time to creating something novel-length in the future.

Tasha Cotter



Horror

Shane Morgan



Literary fiction

Ann Everett



Maybe one day I'll write a book for grown-ups... Maybe.

Heather Letto



Paranormal!

Stacey Mosteller



Fantasy

Amy Bartelloni



Zombie horror. I know that zombies are all the rage now, but I've always wanted to write a zombie novel. Also, I've been working on a fantasy series for the past 10 years! I really need to get that out...

A.G. Porter



New Adult Paranormal

Sarah Darlington



It would be fun to write Contemporary YA, but I have a difficult time keeping my characters in the present world. Maybe someday.

Chess Desalls



Fantasy. I have tried pretty much everything, but I have yet to tackle that one.

Sarah Buhl



Adult romance. Maybe someday I'll figure it out :-)

Mary Waibel



Science Fiction with a Romance Element

James D Horton



Historical fiction

Joy Penny



I am planning a historical romance novel, but I am a stickler for details so it will require a lot more research. I'm thinking it will be set in 16th century England and Ireland.

Karen Gordon



Erotica

Whitney Barbetti



Fantasy, for sure!

Kristen Hope Mazzola



I've attempted YA, but haven't published yet.

J. Nathan



Historical romance

K.G. McAbee



I'd love to return to horror someday, as I have roots there albeit in screenwriting format.

K.B. Nelson



High Sci Fi . . . which would probably melt my brain.

K.R. Conway



Maybe Young Adult because I keep getting asked to write in that genre!

Crystal Perkins



I'd like to try writing an adult thriller. I started one before Ice Massacre, but once I got fixed on the idea of flesh-eating mermaids I dropped that other book so fast. I might come back to it one day in some form.

Tiana Warner



I'm currently attempting to write speculative / dystopian fiction. It's by far the biggest challenge I've faced as a writer. The Renegade is due for tentative release in 2015 by Bold Strokes Books. I'd also like to have a try and writing a paranormal YA story.

Amy Dunne



Self-Help by Sadie the Sadist.

Zané Sachs



YA/NA Contemporary Romance! I've tried writing in this genre for the longest, and have several failed attempts. Only one of the books I've written in this genre survived, and that's The Summer of Me & You. There are a lot of talented authors in this genre and when I see all the pretty covers and read the amazing books I sigh, dreamily. I've always wanted to be a YA Contemporary Romance writer, but it seems as though Dark Fantasy is my niche.

Rae Hachton



Paranormal romance for sure!! It's trending and I want to be a part of it!

Kira Adams



Sci-Fi

Rue



I'd love to try my hand at writing a book with sci-fi elements.

Heather Topham Wood



Urban fantasy.  Got a story outlined in the queue!

Claudia Brevis



Time travel

Kai Strand



Right now I am writing a YA novel set on a space station, and there's a lot of technical science-y stuff that keeps sneaking up on me! The technical parts probably won't make it into the book itself but understanding it is critical for me in writing it--and it's hard! Space is so big. I'm learning a lot about writing in the sci-fi genre as opposed to fantasy, where, uh, you just get to make everything up.

Anna Carolyn McCormally


I'd love to do something in the crime genre. It's got all the fun of literary fiction without all the pretentiousness. Sci-fi intrigues me as well. Maybe I could combine the two. Time-traveling criminals who go came in time to steal the Mona Lisa perhaps? Hmmm, that actually doesn't sound so bad.

Scott Silver

No comments: