Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Indie Fall Fest: Sunday Brunch


 All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were given the option to answer a question for Sunday Brunch. Here are their answers.

What is your favorite book to film adaption?
 
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Bridie Hall

Lord of the Rings
T.A. Uner

The Hunger Games I thought was done very well.
Ruth Silver

Ooh, these are my favorite! I have so much respect for film as its own medium. I don't get as angry as others if films aren't perfectly representative of the book. Of course, I've never had my own book adapted, so that might be a different story! Anne of Green Gables is my all-time favorite adaption. The Notebook and Divergent are close second and thirds.
K.K. Allen

Catching Fire
Erin Albert Rhew

Memoirs of a Geisha. It was just so pretty!
Cynthia Witherspoon

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Tasha Cotter

The Maze Runner! Absolutely perfect!
Shane Morgan

The Narnia Series
Heather Letto

Harry Potter. They did a really good job keeping it true to the books.
Stacey Mosteller

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was amazing!
Amy Bartelloni

I thought they did such a great job on The Fault in our Stars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Notebook and The Book Thief.
A.G. Porter

Pride and Prejudice
Sarah Darlington
  
I don't watch a lot of movies because I'd rather be reading a book. The Harry Potter movies were beautifully done. I'm still sad the series had to end.
Chess Desalls

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Sarah Buhl

I've loved the Hunger Games adaptations so far. I think they are some of the best I've seen.
Mary Waibel

Lord of the Rings - epic, faithful to the story. (Hobbit not so much)
If Comics count as books then Captain America: Winter Soldier
James D Horton

Sense & Sensibility
Joy Penny

It's a TV series, but Outlander on Starz is knocking my sox off. The casting, sets, costumes, photography, acting is a work of art worthy of these novels. I'm a sucker for anything Jane Austen, BBC or Hollywood.
Karen Gordon

The Fault in Our Stars
Whitney Barbetti

I guess if I had to pick it'd be Harry Potter (all of them) I am total Potter-head!
Kristen Hope Mazzola

The Notebook
J. Nathan

Lord of the Rings
K.G. McAbee

Revolutionary Road and it's not even close. I love the film so much that is simply surpasses the book for me, and that's a rare feat.
K.B. Nelson

JAWS!!!!!!
K.R. Conway

If I Stay
Crystal Perkins

Jurassic Park. The book and movie are both completely amazing.
Tiana Warner

Either the Harry Potter films or The Hunger Games films.
Amy Dunne

Mists of Avalon mini-series for TV
Zané Sachs

The Hunger Games
Rae Hachton

The Hunger Games
Kira Adams

As a writer and filmmaker I have to say I don't think an adaptation can ever reach the depths of the original text.
Rue

There have been a couple of book-to-film adaptations that I’ve loved, but I’ll go with the most recent one. Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl was a great read and the movie version was as equally awesome/crazy—OK, heavy on the crazy. It helps that the author wrote the screenplay (Ben Affleck helps too).
Katherine Over

The one that comes to mind (probably because I just saw it) is Gone Girl.
Heather Topham Wood

Catching Fire was very pleasing. So excited for Mocking Jay.
Kai Strand

THE PRINCESS BRIDE! I love the book and the movie so much--they're very different, and both versions are wonderful!
Anna Carolyn McCormally

Forgive me Gods of Good Taste, but I love Bram Stoker's Dracula. The clothes, the melodrama, the Gary Oldman. It's fantastic fun, even if it has nothing to do with the novel at all. It's also the first time we got to see a softer, more human Dracula, so in a way it kind of informed the whole 'sparkly vampire' craze. I also really love what they've managed to do with the Hunger Games. I know the stories backwards and forwards and yet I'm still first in line for the midnight show. Elizabeth Banks's Effie Trinket is a goddess.
Scott Silver

No comments: