Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Great news for Madalynne & Parker!

I finished re-writing M&P at the begining of the summer, but only recently began fishing it to Beta readers to see what they thought. I sent out 4-5 copies of the novella, and only received 1 follow up in the six days. A really prompt, professional, sincere lady by the name of Cassie Rhodes returned my novella with feedback first. And for only my second beta read ever, it went better than I could have expected. 

Here are some of the pluses from her read:
+She loved the names of the main characters
+It was an easy, refreshing read with little to no spelling/grammatical errors
+She rooted for M&P to work out

Here are her constructive notes:
-The novella just plunges you in without a back story
-The flow might be better with alternating chapters
-Madalynne was not a strong female lead, so she had trouble connecting with her


I was so happy to get a fresh perspective on my writing. I have always worried that alternating chapters would be too repetitive, but after taking her advice, I implemented it, and the story flows much better! I also wrote a prologue to give a little reasoning why Madalynne feels the need to lean on everyone for support. And I even wrote a bit more to the ending and am so excited because it is going to lead into the second Novella for this series. I'm going to have to brainstorm a name for the trilogy. 

Check out the awesome new Prologue:


Prologue

.




Madalynne


                There was never a doubt in my mind that Parker and I were soul mates. No one had ever made me feel the way he did, and I didn’t want them to. When my father had the affair, I felt like my world was caving in on me. I was terrified I was going to lose my family. Parker was the only person I could lean on, the only person I could talk to about my feelings. He brought me out of my depression. He helped me see the light again.




Parker


                She was the girl of my dreams. It was the most amazing feeling in the world getting to be in love with your best friend. Madalynne was unlike any other girl I had come upon. She was in a league of her own. When Bo passed I slipped into a deep depression, and even though I pushed Madalynne away at every turn, she never gave up on me. I owed her my life, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life making her happy.

If you would like to purchase Madalynne & Parker in ebook form, it is at the affordable price of .99 cents currently! Just click this link! : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E06FA0A

No comments: