Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Many Faces of Love

At the same time I published Madalynne & Parker, I also decided I was ready to publish my non-fiction novel, The Many Faces of Love. It was a novel I began writing over five years ago in an attempt to bring closure to my past relationships. It is written completely different than anything else I have done in the past because it also includes my real life journals, emails, and letters to these young men and vice versa.

Shortly after I finished the novel, I sent out copies of each chapter to the guys I was still in contact with or on good terms. I even approached one of them before I wrote his chapter asking if I could use his journal entry off his blog and he said yes.

Right before I self-published I decided to change all the names in my novel except for my own. For legal purposes of course, in case any of the guys want to sue me for anything I've written. I have such a strong personal connection to the work, I don't know that I'll ever be able to pull myself apart from it enough to see if it is worthy of reading.

Check out this excerpt from the beginning of the book:

My name is Krista Pakseresht. I have no middle name because Iranians don't believe in it. I’m barely 27, and yet, I feel as though I have gone through more trials and hurdles than any young female in this world. In my 27 years of life I have loved, I have lost, I have hurt, I have bled, I have shed tears of pain, I have shed tears of joy, I have been completely happy, I have been completely broken. I think I have felt every emotion a single person can. I've been through addictions, and I've conquered them. I've been through physical, mental, and verbal abusive relationships, and I've escaped. I've been through my parents’ divorce, and was fine. I've been cheated on, and survived. I've looked death in the face, and walked out with not even a scratch. I feel as though I am one independently strong woman. I know I am worth something to this world and the people around me, for once in my life. I no longer have to question people's feelings about me. For once in my life, I am content with who I am and excited about what the future holds.


I think a lot about my past. The people I chose to surround myself with, the failing relationships I learned from. I wonder about what these people learned from me, or if they even did. I do not regret a single decision I’ve made, because if not for those decisions, I would not be who I am today. I would not be happy.


This book is a compilation of my past relationships. To show you a little of where I came from, and where I am today. It will give you a glimpse into all of the horrible decisions I made, while also all of the amazing ones. I think, it will help the world better understand me. I have loved many people in my years, and I have been hurt by many of those loves. This for me is closure. I am writing this book so I can close the door on my past and open the door wide to my future. So, hello my future! Goodbye to my past.

I'm nervous about making myself so vulnerable, but also anxious to see what people think. I need to develop a marketing plan. 


No comments: