Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Monday, November 07, 2016

What I'm Worth

I don't know how much clearer I can make things for you.
You say one thing, but your actions are so much louder. 
You contradict everything you say, it's not even funny.
I want someone who wants to be around me. Better yet, I deserve it. 
I've been so good to you from the start, I don't need to beg.
Sooner or later, someone is going to rise to the occasion. 
Sooner or later, someone is going to make time for me.
Sooner or later, I am going to fall head over heels, hopelessly in love again. 
I used to wish on every star, and pray every day for you to be mine.
Now, I just wish you'd be honest with me. It's the least you could do.
You used to make my body hum just from the thought of you.
Now, thinking of you just makes me sad. 
In some twisted way I think this is my punishment.
For every bad thing I've done in my life. 
But at the same time, I know I deserve happiness just like anyone else.
I'm done waiting around for you to realize just how amazing I am. 
I know it. I live it. I preach it.
I was fine before you, and I'm going to be fine long after you.

No comments: