Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Sneak Peek - Untitled Rockstar Romance by Kira Adams



“Emerson Jayne Tucker, what the fuck?” Cade bellows, and then I hear a door slam immediately after. He uses my full name, so I know he’s not playing around. Angry footsteps are coming right at Aiden and me.

I take one last puff off the cigarette before dropping it to the ground, and smashing it out with my shoe.

“How long have you been standing there? We’ve all been waiting on you!” Cade huffs.

“Only a few minutes,” I say simply.

“Get in the van,” Cade says as if I’m a child.

“So that’s how it’s going to be?” I ask before storming off like the child he is making me out to be.

“Get in the van now, I’m not playing, Em, we’re tired and hungry and need to get on the road.”

I glance at Aiden who looks a little deer in the headlights. “I think I may find an alternate ride there.”

“Shut the fuck up,” Cade says thinking I’m joking.

“Aiden, do you think there’s room for one more on your bus?” I ask, knowing just how angry it’s going to make Cade.

Aiden looks between me and Cade, appearing torn. “Dude, this is my sister, I brought her on the tour, I say what goes,” Cade says in a panicked tone.

I hear another door open and shortly after Braxton is standing near Cade. “Get in the van, Em, it’s time to go.”

“Oh, great, another one of my brother’s minions. Seriously, I’m tired of you guys trying to call all the shots in my life.” I am slurring my words slightly, but I don’t care. I’m still feeling good.

“You’re drunk, get in the van,” Braxton says calmly.

“Aiden, what would you do if you had everyone else in the world making all your decisions for you? Would you just give in and conform to their wants and needs? Or would you fight back to find your happiness?” I’m feeling philosophical, but I’m also feeling sick. The sky is spinning. “Hold that thought,” I say, falling to my knees and yacking on the concrete.

“That’s gnarly!” I hear someone comment in the background.

“Gross, she puked in her hair!” I hear another person chime in. Sure enough, chunks of my earlier slice of pizza are embedded in my blond hair.

No comments: