Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Don't Wish for It, Work for It.

I'm terrible. You don't have to tell me. I'm fully aware. 

In other news, I'm alive! :) But, really - it's been awhile and things have happened. Tons of exciting things I'm dying to share with you all. 

First things first...drum roll, please! I finished my 14th book! It's crazy to say, and I'm still having doubts, but it's done. After more than a year of writing Tobin's story when I could, it's finally out in the world. Not fully. It's currently in the hands of my many trusted betas. And oh my gosh, let me tell you the feedback they've been giving me is AMAZING! I cannot wait for you guys to experience this story. It's so near and dear to my heart. 

Also, last time I updated on here I was still living my apartment, but we finally moved into our house! I love it so, so much. I don't even have the master bedroom, but I love my bedroom all the same. It's considered a Jr. Master and it's great for me. No shared bathroom? Yes, please. My roommates Karen and Sabrina aren't too shabby either. They let me do me and I do the same for them. 

A few weeks ago, I was able to go home to Oregon for a week and see my friends and family. Recently, my sister in law found out she has Hodgkin's Lymphoma, stage 2. She started chemo on Monday and is planning to shave her head by the weekend. It's been really tough on her, but I've been worried about my brother. He's so strong, but who is there for him? He has two little ones running around who are clueless about their mother's illness. It's hard being in another state and unable to help. Her cancer is totally beatable and she is going to kick it in the butt. I'm really proud of her. She's been blogging about her journey. You can find it here

When I was in Oregon, my music partner Darien and I went into the studio and recorded three songs along with a photo shoot. We are still deciding on our faves, but here's a few samples!





We also recorded an unofficial music video for our new song, Wolves. Very amateur, just us filming each other in a cool park in Oregon...however it's already over 450 views! None of our other videos have exceeded 40 views. And we have been getting really great feedback from it. If I didn't think we were something special before, I definitely believe it now. 


We are still in two completely different states - but we make it work and worthwhile each and every time we get together. Hopefully someday the music can bring us together again so we can actually perform. 

I'm still single and hoping that I am not going to be forever. Maybe one day I can find someone who is meant for me just as much as I am for them. My best friend. Someday. 

No comments: