Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Thursday, January 03, 2019

Insanity, It Creeps on Your Mind

Happy New Year!

It's officially 2019. I'm that much closer to being 33. That much closer to being alone officially for 10 years. I literally cursed myself, but it's a good lesson to learn. 

2018 was big in a lot of different ways for me. Although I only released 1 book, it was my 13th book, which is still a pretty big achievement for me. A lot of crazy things happened for DarienMae. We posted over 40 tracks on SoundCloud (this is since we began posting a few years ago), got an official website, and began posting videos on YouTube. Our first unofficial music video for Wolves almost got 1000 views. Our first official music video for Feelings is over 4600 views. We have now had two professional photo shoots and one video shoot. 













I didn't give the attention and focus to my Kira Adams brand this year and my writing and sales suffered for it. Although I wrote and released what many readers said was my best book to date - it didn't take off the way it should and I've been pretty sad about it. I know how amazing of a story it is and I only hope more people will be able to experience it. 



I did however create an official website for Kira Adams as well which I'm very happy with too. Again, although sales were pretty much nonexistent all year, I'm still happy I continued to push forward in any way possible. 

I'm obviously still single. After a lot of bad experiences with online dating AGAIN, I'm thinking about throwing in the towel altogether. Maybe I'm meant to end up alone. Maybe my creativity would be wasted if I spent my time thinking and with someone else. It doesn't make the loneliness any easier. I've gotten really good at not thinking about it but some days it will hit me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere. 

It also seems as though I dodged a bullet with my ex-fiance. There has always been red flags with him but after seeing what his most recent ex has been posting online about him, I'm happy nothing ever came to fruition. 

Really odd, but I've been wanting to create these "Goodie Bags" for the homeless. Something that includes toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shavers, toilet paper, tissue, deodorant, etc.  All travel size, of course. I have so many of these things already from hotel stays - I'd like to put it to good use. It's a great notion but I'm unsure why I'm so passionate about it. I'm also not sure I'm being entirely realistic on what the costs will be. 

It's been awhile since I've rambled like this. In the words of Sadie Saxton, "You're welcome!"

No comments: