Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Monday, February 20, 2023

Unwanted

You make me feel unimportant. 
Less than the bottom of the barrel.
Barely seen.
Just a passing thought. 

I remember when your excitement of seeing me was overwhelming. 
I remember how hungry you used to look at me.
How seen you used to make me feel.

But as time has passed, you push me away. 
You pick fights. 
You make me feel unloved and unheard. 

For so long all I've wanted is my partner in crime. 
But I can't keep fighting for someone who doesn't see my worth. 
I can't keep fighting for someone who doesn't fight for me.

It's so hard because I put my all into everything I do. 
Loving you was no exception. 
My world began to revolve around you, and I didn't really factor into yours. 

Your affection is different. 
The way you look at me has changed. 
And begging for you to give me attention leaves me feeling pathetic and unwanted. 

I'm not this girl and I refuse to be. 
I don't want to feel like this anymore. 
I just want somene who wants me just as much. 
Someone who doesn't think I'm asking too much when I ask for time, attention, or healthy communication. 

Your touch feels different. 
Your lips feel different. 
And I'm left feeling like I failed at life yet again. 
One more to add to the notches in my bedpost. 

Maybe I'm destined to be alone. 
Maybe this is something I need to accept. 

No comments: