Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Friday, September 19, 2014

Suicide in Tiny Increments: A Tragic Comedy by Riya Ann Polcastro


Suicide in Tiny Increments: A Tragic Comedy 
by: Riya Anne Polcastro

The smartest decision Daniel Long ever made was to take a hit out on his own life.

Too scared to kill himself but also too scared to live, he is a sad, pathetic man; a miserable martyr of depression. A year after he was dumped by his self-centered alcoholic girlfriend, he still wallows in the hole she left behind. And, except for the cubicle that he spends forty hours a week in, Daniel rarely leaves the bare white walls that make up his apartment. Trapped in his self-made ennui, his only escape is to hire a hitman.


But when one of his few friends kills herself Daniel realizes the error of his ways. He tries to cancel the hit but in the process he offends his contracted killer. Now his impending death is personal and his life is about to get more exciting than he could have ever imagined. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22594108-suicide-in-tiny-increments

Interview with Riya Anne Polcastro:

1.) What inspired you to write Suicide in Tiny Increments? 
I've always been really fascinated by mental illness and why people do the things they do. And of course perspective. Also, I wanted to write something that tackled a serious subject but in a funny way. The concept behind Suicide in Tiny Increments, suicide by hitman, is one that hasn't been overdone to death so I felt like there was an opportunity here to write something different.

2.) How long have you been writing?
I've been writing seriously for about five years but I have enjoyed "writing" stories since before I could technically read or write. 

3.) What genres do you write in?
I mostly write dark literary fiction. Really dark literary fiction. The whole fascinated with mental illness thing . . . it finds its way into most of my work. But I do branch out and enjoy many different genres. In fact, I will be genre hopping with the next book I have coming out (see #7). 

4.) Who is your favorite author(s)?
My favorite authors are Chuck Palahniuk, Leo Tolstoy, Christopher Moore, and Donald Ray Pollock.

5.) If you had to choose a fictional character from a book you read to have lunch with, who would it be and why?
Tyler Durden, Fight Club. Because Holy CRAP! I'm sure he would blow my mind. But it has to be Tyler Durden from the book, not the tame movie version. 

6.) What has been your biggest accomplishment since publishing?
Right now I think publishing is still my biggest accomplishment. 

7.) Do you have anything else in the works?
My next book to come out will be the first in a trilogy called Left Behind. I haven't settled on a title for Book One but I better hurry since I aim to have it out in about six weeks. Left Behind is middle grade sci fi lite. The concept of the trilogy is the idea that maybe earth isn't the first planet humans have lived on. Maybe those little green men in outer space are the descendants of those left behind when humanity escaped environmental disaster. It's a tale of history repeating itself; a moral tale, yes, but in a way that kids can relate to and with plenty of adventure. Plus it's told by a fourteen year old alien so that's pretty cool. The Left Behind Trilogy will be released under a somewhat different ::pen name: R. Anne Polcastro. I want to have a distinction between my adult and young adult work because what I write for adults is definitely not something kids should read. But at the same time I want the name to be similar enough that my adult audience can recognize it and share it with their own kids. Well I am quickly getting off topic of the question but I do want to say that if you are interested in featuring Left Behind too that would be amazing! I should have ARCs available in the next couple of weeks. I'm still trying to navigate the whole pre-release thing but I hope to have it available for free to anyone who wants to write a review through Story Cartel ASAP.

Buy Suicide in Tiny Increments: A Tragic Comedy:

Connect with Riya Ann Polcastro:
First two people to comment on this  blog post will each win a Smashwords coupon toward Suicide in Tiny Increments: A Tragic Comedy!

No comments: