Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Updates--Updates--and More Updates!

Sorry for going missing again. Life seems to always get in the way. But there are so many awesome things happening, I wanted to drop in and update ya'all on the good news.

First off, I was asked by my favorite blogger, Kristen at Pretty Little Pages to run an event called The Indie Fall Fest with her next month! I was so humbled and excited when she asked me to take on such a huge role in it. I am more than excited to be able to help her out as well as all the fabulous indies out there just like she helped me out numerous times. I'm ready to give back! It's going to be 24 days of giveaways, guest posts, interviews, reviews, creative writing prompts, and more! Check back for more updates within the next few weeks!

In book news, I finally finished Into the Darkness! I'm pretty sure I have been working on it for more than a year, but I lost track of time. I am really excited with what it has become and can't wait to get a few beta readers on it to help me flesh out all the last bit of kinks. The Fighter has been making it's rounds through betas and so far, I've heard only good feedback. I know I will end up having to add more to it and flesh it out a tiny bit more, but I am also happy with the product and response thus far. I haven't decided yet which one will be my next release but I am hoping for an October release. Stay tuned!

Reviews on all of my three books out currently are going great! I am so close to 20 reviews on each, I can practically taste it. I wish more people who obtained the books while they were on free promotions would post reviews so it said "verified review", but I'm happy with what has transpired so far. I am testing out a theory with Beautifully Broken, so I have lowered the price down to $1.99 for the next couple of weeks. I'm curious with the change in price if it will increase my sales or not. It's actually been selling decently at the $2.99 rate, but since it's free promotion it has slowed down quite a bit.

I have 31 likes on my Amazon author page and over 375 on my Facebook author page. It's climbing slowly. Hopefully it won't be too long before I reach 50 and 500! 

Have I mentioned lately how tiring, non-stop, and difficult marketing is? It's hard! I feel like I pushed so hard originally and now I am losing steam. I need to get some of it back. It's a full time job. You only get back as much as you put into it. 

I finally got my first Amazon payment! Apparently I didn't realize I needed to set it to EFT payments. But I was paid for my sales during the month of July. They told me they were going to send me a one time check payment as well, so I'm wondering when that will show up because that should be my payment for June. I'm happy with how well things are going, but I know they could be better. I'm wondering with the releases of The Fighter and Into the Darkness how that will affect my future sales for my backlog. Only time will tell.

I'm anxious to get back to writing Against All Odds. I've been anxious since I began outlining it to get deeper into Austyn and Avery's heads and now I finally can! I probably won't be able to release it before the end of the year like I had wanted, but I am shooting for a January release. I am nervous about writing it and know there are a lot of people with high expectations and I don't want to let anyone down. I need to figure out how to create a boxed set so that when I do release it, that is something I can offer my readers.

I've also been debating creating a newsletter to keep people updated with all my new releases. And special excerpts and teasers only for my newsletter. I've been worried no one will sign up though. I think I will wait until I am closer to 1000 likes on Facebook to do that as well as think about creating a street team.

I've had two recent reviews of Pieces of Me that deserve honorable mentions. The first was from Kat at Escape Reality. She gave the book three stars and broke down her feelings for the majority of the characters. I thought it was a quirky fun review. You can check it out here.

The second review came in from Hayley at The Reading Wonderland who gave it a whopping 5-star review! Check out the awesomeness here.

Okay, I think I've blabbed on enough. Hope you're having a fabulous Sunday! :)

No comments: