Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Indie Fall Fest: Sunday Brunch

All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were asked to answer this question!
Here are their answers.
- See more at: http://www.prettylittlepages.blogspot.com/#sthash.2WfOTG4n.dpuf
 All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were given the option to answer a question for Sunday Brunch. Here are their answers.
At what age did you realize that you wanted to pursue writing?

I've been making up stories since I was a toddler, but I only started thinking about publishing my work in my late 20s.
Bridie Hall

29
T.A. Uner

I was 12 when I started writing novels but I didn't consider having a novel published until I was of college-age. I met Nicholas Sparks at a book reading and was completely intrigued by his writing and his story of how he got started. That's when the seed was planted!
K.K. Allen

4
Erin Albert Rhew

22. I published my first short story in my college journal and was hooked.
Cynthia Witherspoon

I started writing at a young age and just kept writing little things throughout college. I was always keeping journals. And then I started enrolling in creative writing classes. I didn't consciously think about pursuing it in a real way until sometime when I was getting my MFA in Creative Writing. It was just always the thing I had -- I always loved that freedom of expression and rush that came with creating something on my own. I loved the power of words and how language can bend and be shaped to take on new meanings. I still love that.
Tasha Cotter

I've wanted to write for as long as I can remember. I decided to make writing my career two years ago.
Shane Morgan

Well into my 50's.
Ann Everett

Always! Writing has been my thing fo-evah... however, I really never really took the notion seriously until publishing my father-in-law's biography back in 2009. Then I went nuts.
Heather Letto

32 - I never really thought I could write and some days I'm still not sure I can!
Stacey Mosteller

I've probably always known, but I had to get over being scared before I could pursue it. Once you stop worrying what other people think, you can do anything!
Amy Bartelloni

It's always been something I've liked as I grew up, but it was about the 9th grade when I realized that it was something I could see myself doing as a career.
A.G. Porter

22
Sarah Darlington

I was very young, maybe seven. I didn't start writing stories until decades later.
Chess Desalls

When I was a wee little thing and I learned how much I loved words. But I think it was really solidified when I saw Dead Poets Society around the age of ten. The passion for words and creativity really spoke to me.
Sarah Buhl

Late 20's early 30's
Mary Waibel

6 years old - I wrote my first stories in crayon, stapled, them, made covers out of construction paper, then distributed them to friends and family.
James D. Horton


6
Joy Penny

I've always created stories in my head, then tried to write them down and been so disappointed in the results. I started my middle age crazies around age 48 and decided to try and write from my gut, not caring what others would think, and it was so much better! I'm a late bloomer, but I just wasn't strong enough to really put myself out there until now.
Karen Gordon


27
Whitney Barbetti

Hahaha it was only a few years ago that I realized that I wanted to take writing from a hobby to a career and finally started to seriously write and work towards being published.
Kristen Hope Mazzola

I’ve always enjoyed both movies and storytelling, so I started writing screenplays then switched to novels four years ago.
J. Nathan

7
K.G. McAbee

I've always been a storyteller, but it wasn't until I was 24 (which was last year) that I seriously begin to pursue writing.
K.B. Nelson


42
Crystal Perkins

I'm pretty sure I was still a fetus.
Tiana Warner

I've always wanted to be a writer as far back as I can remember. I think I wrote my first book with illustrations around seven or eight. I wrote a short story for my English GCSE when I was 15 and knew that if I was ever going to have a story published, it would be that one. 13 years later, my debut novel Secret Lies was published by Bold Strokes Books. The basis came from that short story.
Amy Dunne

Elementary school.
Zané Sachs

When I was in middle school. I would go on family vacations and spend hours upon hours indoors escaping into my own fantasy worlds.
Kira Adams

I can't remember not wanting to write!
Rue

In middle school (around 13), I started to enjoy creating my own stories.
Heather Topham Wood

I've been writing since I'm a teen! Thought I might want to be an actress for a bit, but quickly realized I was too much of an introvert for that!
Claudia Brevis

Professionally? Mid-thirties. Always used it as a tool though, funny letters to friends, emotional goodbyes to colleagues, etc.
Kai Strand

I've always been a reader, which I think is a pre-requisite for anyone who loves to write--but I didn't decide to commit to spending some years truly focused on my writing until I was 23. I wrote THE SIX DAYS before that and it helped me realized that it was something I could do, if I wanted to.
Anna Carolyn McCormally

All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were asked to answer this question!
Here are their answers.
- See more at: http://www.prettylittlepages.blogspot.com/#sthash.2WfOTG4n.dpuf
All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were asked to answer this question!
Here are their answers.
- See more at: http://www.prettylittlepages.blogspot.com/#sthash.2WfOTG4n.dpuf

No comments: