Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Spotlight Saturday: Regina Kyle

 

Welcome to Kira Adams' Spotlight Saturday! Every week I will be featuring a different author in the industry. Indie, trad, small press, etc. The point is to help get the word out about new-to-you authors and books they are releasing. Maybe you will find your next favorite author. Maybe you will find a story that will touch your soul. Whatever the case may be, thank you for being here. 

This weeks featured artist is Regina Kyle!



1. What inspired you to write Showstopper?
Showstopper is part of Sarina Bowen’s World of True North. She’s one of my favorite authors, and when I saw that she was opening her world to other writers, I jumped at the chance. I’ve written one LGBTQ romance, and I really wanted to write another. The Vino and Veritas part of Sarina’s world gave me the chance to do that. As an added bonus, Adam, one of the two heroes, is a hockey player. We’re a hockey obsessed family, and writing a hockey romance was something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I’m also a life-long theater geek, hence Kolby, the other hero, is a theater major who meets Adam in an improve class.
2. What book inspired you to begin writing?
There’s really two. When I got my first ereader, about the same time I started writing, the first thing I did was learn to check ebooks out of the library and check out some of the free books that Harlequin offered in their category lines. The first library book I checked out was Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ It Had To Be You. The first Harlequin book I read was Leslie Kelly’s Slow Hands. I loved both, and Leslie’s book sent me down a Harlequin Blaze rabbit hole that eventually led to my first publishing contract with that line.
3. If you had to choose a fictional character from one of your books to have lunch with, who would it be and why?
This is reaching back a bit, but I’m going to go with Devin Padilla, the heroine in Triple Time, my second book. She’s the most kickass heroine I’ve ever written. The book begins with her surprising the hero, who thinks he needs to rescue her, but beating the crap out of a handsy customer at the bar where she works. I think she’d be a hoot to share a meal with.
4. What has been your biggest accomplishment since publishing?
Hmmm . . . this one’s tough. Like any career, publishing has a lot of highs and lows. I think one of the things I’m proudest of is winning the Booksellers’ Best Award three times—for Triple Dare in 2016, Billionaire In Her Bed in 2018, and Dirty Work in 2021. That recognition means a lot to me because the award is judged by booksellers and librarians.
5. Do you have anything else in the works apart from your book/series?
Always! I released the first book in my Mediterranean Millionaires series, How Not To Mess With A Millionaire, this past June. I’m working on the second book, How Not To Marry A Millionaire, now. Next up will be the third book in that series, How Not To Misjudge A Millionaire. It’s been a blast writing these books with super hot foreign heroes set in Italy, Spain, and Greece. I’m also noodling a couple of proposals for two new series.
6. What advice do you have for aspiring authors?
Read. Then read some more. I read almost 200 Blaze books when I was learning how to write one. If you can, find a local writing group that will both encourage you and give you guidance and constructive criticism. I know I wouldn’t be published if it wasn’t for the help of my local writers’ group. And remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. And only the persistent prevail.
7. What is your favorite genre and/or trope to write in?
I’m a steamy contemporary romance girl all the way. I enjoy writing both M/F and M/M romances. As for tropes, some of my favorites are friends to lovers, best friend’s sister, opposites attract, and secret identity. I’m working on my very first accidental pregnancy book now, and that’s been fun.
8. Do you prefer to write in past or present tense?
I love, love, love writing first person present tense. That’s why I chose that style for Showstopper. Most of my traditionally published books are third person past, though, so I do both.
9. Are you traditionally published or indie?
Both. Most of my books are traditionally published, but I do have some indie novellas out there.
10. What advice do you have about marketing and promotion?
Ugh. This is probably my weak point. I’m way, way better at shilling other authors’ books than my own. There’s lots of advice and lots of classes out there. Just remember, you don’t have to do it all. You don’t have to be on every social media site known to man, or doing ad spends on every platform available. Marketing and promo is a lot of trial and error. Figure out what works for you, run with it, and forget about the rest. And don’t be afraid to ask others to share for you on their social media and in their newsletters. Just be willing to do the same for them.




Showstopper released on 8/12!!
I swore I wouldn’t do this again. Mix sports, school, and sex. But right now the only thing standing between me and the NHL is six feet of frenemy packed into a pair of formfitting jeans that have me thinking all kinds of things I shouldn’t. Mostly how to get him out of them.
I don’t just want Kolby. I need him. Because I’ve got to pass this theater class--yeah, I said theater--if I’m going to keep my spot on the team. When tutoring sessions turn into dates-not-dates over Shipley Cider at Vino and Veritas, I realize it’s going to be harder than I thought to keep my hands on my stick and off of Kolby. Worse, I think I might be falling for him. But I’m not ready for that. I want to keep this thing between us on the down low for now.
But Kolby hates secrets. Especially his own . . .

Pickup your copy here:





Regina Kyle will be taking over the Kira Believer's Readers Group today at 8AM PST/11AM EST! Please join us for fun, games, giveaways and more !

No comments: