Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Spotlight Saturday: Daphne Elliot

Welcome to Kira Adams' Spotlight Saturday! Every week I will be featuring a different author in the industry. Indie, trad, small press, etc. The point is to help get the word out about new-to-you authors and books they are releasing. Maybe you will find your next favorite author. Maybe you will find a story that will touch your soul. Whatever the case may be, thank you for being here. 


This weeks featured author is Daphne Elliot!




1.     What inspired you to write The Havenport Series?

I love steamy, small town romance. I enjoy reading books with a sense of place and a bit of world building. So when I started thinking about writing my own romance series, I knew I wanted to create a small town to be the backdrop. I based Havenport on my hometown. I was fortunate enough to grow up on the ocean in Massachusetts, in a town steeped in Revolutionary War history and lots of local festivals and culture. So it seemed natural to work so many of these elements into my fictional world. I wanted to create a unique place that would provide a backdrop to the emotional journeys of the characters.

 

2.     How long have you been writing?

I started writing in elementary school and never stopped. Throughout my childhood and teen years I wrote many short stories and novels. In my 20s life got in the way and I stopped writing, but found myself coming back to the dream over and over again. When Covid began, I found myself desperate for a creative outlet and so my romance author journey began.

 

3.     What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Write! Sit down and write some words. Have fun, get silly and creative and do whatever you want to do. Writing can be so joyful and satisfying, if you want to do it then do it! Publishing and marketing can be brutal and break your spirit, but doing those things doesn’t make you a writer. Writing does. So go forth and write your words!

 

4.     Are you a pantser or a plotter?

Pantser all the way. I have tried to be an organized plotter and failed every time. I love the thrill of writing a book and letting the characters tell me what they want to do and where they want to go. It’s exhilarating, albeit disorganized.

 

5.     Do you prefer to write in past or present tense?

I write in past tense, mainly because it comes naturally to me. But I don’t have strong opinions either way. For me, I like romance in either tense, but I am far more picky about 1st vs. 3rd person in romance. I am a firm lover of 1st person.

 

6.     Are you traditionally published or indie?

Indie all the way! I love indie publishing because it removes gatekeepers and allows people the creativity and flexibility to pursue their dreams. There is no one way to be an indie author - you can approach thing however you want and make things work for you.

 

7.     How many books have you written?

I am just about to publish my third novel on September 16th, with two other novellas this year. I have dozens of unfinished books on my laptop, but as far as actual publishable material? 5 so far.

 

8.     What is your favorite genre and/or trope to write in?

I love contemporary romance, and for tropes, I love a good slow burn. I am not an instalove kind of girl. I want my characters pining for each other and building up to that moment where they cannot live without one another. I adore fake relationships, there is so much you can do as a writer with that setup, and am currently working on an enemies to lovers book that I am really excited about. 






Finding You, Book Two in the Havenport series released on June 24th, 2021.

Explosive chemistry and fake relationships don’t mix. Someone really should have told them that sooner…

Declan Quinn does not need a girlfriend, no matter what his matchmaking mother thinks. He’s perfectly happy with his life just the way it is - uncomplicated and quiet. But there’s nothing uncomplicated about his sexy new neighbor… or the way she makes him feel.

The last thing on Astrid Wentworth’s agenda is romance. But Declan wants a fake girlfriend to keep his well-meaning family at bay, and she needs a fake boyfriend for an upcoming work event. It’s the perfect solution. Unless she makes the mistake of falling for the hot, long haired, grumpy fisherman, that is…

It was supposed to be a simple, platonic arrangement. It soon became anything but. At this point, they’ve stomped all over the line between real and pretend. So…now what?

Author’s Note: Finding You is a full-length, standalone, steamy, small town, slow burn, contemporary romance featuring explosive chemistry and a guaranteed happily ever after. May contain adult language, spicy sexy times, a dog who thinks she’s a cat, sledgehammers, burning Christmas trees, and assault by stiletto. Download today and let the good times roll.

 

Pick up a copy of the first book in the series, Trusting You:

https://www.amazon.com/Trusting-You-Small-Romance-Havenport-ebook/dp/B08WNN2TYD

 

Pick up a copy of Finding You:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095JGL8FJ

 

Pre-Order a copy of the third book in the series, Keeping You:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CDTXS28






No comments: