Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Spotlight Saturday: Pearl Tate


Welcome to Kira Adams' Spotlight Saturday! Every week I will be featuring a different author in the industry. Indie, trad, small press, etc. The point is to help get the word out about new-to-you authors and books they are releasing. Maybe you will find your next favorite author. Maybe you will find a story that will touch your soul. Whatever the case may be, thank you for being here.
This weeks feature is Pearl Tate!
There will be corresponding posts on my Facebook page, my Instagram page, in the group, and my blog! Links will be in the comments.



1.    How long have you been writing?

      In the beginning of 2018, I was laid off from my job as a construction project manager. We wanted to wait to move back to our home town when my son was done with the school year, and there was no point in getting another job until then. So I had six months to kill and started writing and self publishing. I believe that my background in project management has had a very strong impact on how I’ve done. Making goals, plotting, writing, and marketing are all things that take planning and mapping out.


2.    Do you have anything else in the works apart from your book/series?

I do have one more book to finish in the Omega Mates series, and then I plan to go back and revisit the Quasars. They’ve been very successful, and I purposely left a whole bunch of things hanging to tie in different ideas in that series. I may bounce around them and see what people like. If one is popular, I can expand on it.


3.    What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Keep writing. The more you write, the better you get at it. Practice makes perfect and all that jazz. But seriously, I can see a big improvement in my writing just since I made it a full time thing in 2018. I know I still have a long way to go, and you can sit down and rewrite your books until infinity, but just in flow and catching my own mistakes, I think I’ve come a long way.


4.    What advice do you have about marketing and promotion?

I try to take advantage of the KDP sales we’re allowed every 90 days. Since I’m still exclusive on Amazon for everything but my freebies, I do go ahead and discount things for my list. It really helps my rankings for them to go buy my stuff when it’s on sale. Then my books get more exposure by those sales bumping up my rankings.


5. Are you a pantser or a plotter?

I’m an extreme plotter. In fact, I have a difficult time because I’ll write something and then need to go back and figure out what I called that thing I made up. Unfortunately, I’ve bounced around in different software trying to find something that works, and those migrations from one to the next cost a lot of time. If I ever find the miracle I need, I’ll be sure to let everyone know.


 Seriously though, I think I do plot more than the average person, but only to make sure everything ties together and I don’t forget any of the cool twists that make a story fun to read.


6.    Do you prefer to write in past or present tense?

Since 2018, I’ve been writing in the present tense. I think there are trends and that was one popular one to make a more immersive experience. It’s the whole show, don’t tell, and when it’s done correctly, I think it’s great. But like any writing style, it takes practice and rewriting.


7.    Are you traditionally published or indie?

Indie. I’m not sure what the advantages would be of traditionally published, since I don’t know anything about it. 


8.    How many books have you written?

Pearl Tate has published 24 so far.

The Quasar Lineage series is twelve books, plus one short story.

The Sinth Strain series is five books, plus one short story prequel.

And the Omega Mates series is four books so far, plus one “free if you join my mailing list” short story that ties into the series.

Book four of the Omega Mates series is the newest release and it’s called Alpha Breed.

 

9.    What is your favorite genre and/or trope to write in?

I’m a huge alien romance fan, and I strongly believe if you’re going to write in a genre and be able to sustain doing it consistently, you do need to love it. That’s why I have so many alien romance books out. To me, the sky’s the limit on what can happen. And of course, tied in with alien romance is the fated mates trope. A classic that has a huge fan base (including me!)

 

10.  Where is your favorite place to write?

I prefer to write at my desk with my favorite chair and keyboard. It’s centrally located to look out the window for “plotting” purposes. I’ve worked everywhere from on a plane to on a beach, but I always prefer my desk. To be really productive, I need to focus.




Alpha Breed - A Sci-Fi Alien M/F Omegaverse Romance: Omega Mates Book 4 released on Nov 22nd at an introductory price of .99 cents!


Six Alphas are stunned as their prayers are answered, and Omegas are miraculously delivered to them from the sky...

 

Lori:
I don’t believe aliens abducted me from Earth… until I land on the strange planet and see one drowning! I’ve dedicated my life to saving people, and alien species or not. This is no exception.


Let’s hope whoever operated on my head so I can understand the natives doesn’t expect me to be an alien ambassador. After losing my boyfriend in college, I’ve dedicated my life to my profession as a surgeon. I’m sorely lacking in people skills.

When I’m thrown into their breeding program, I realize it isn’t my social expertise they’re interested in!


The purple alien I’m paired with vows not to leave me. Even I can’t deny the attraction between us.


But I’m waiting for the other Earth women to find me. We have an agreement, and they promised to keep looking until we’re all back together.


Can they get me out of this predicament I’m in? And do I want them to?

Or am I better off trusting this dominant alien who declares I’m his mate?


PLEASE NOTE:

This Sci-Fi Alien M/F Omegaverse Romance features an ABO culture complete with Omega fated mates, heats, and knotting with a dominant, possessive Alpha. It contains Adult Language and Steamy Adult Bedroom Scenes. It is intended for 18+ Readers & Adults Only.


It’s part of a science fiction romance series but can be read as a standalone story with its own HEA.

 

Pick up a copy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MDXSP2P

Omega Mates Series Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NHM6WQJ

Prequel short story: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/yfpupgstkt



Website: http://PearlTate.com

No comments: