Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Saturday, September 04, 2021

Spotlight Saturday: Sarah Delany

 Welcome to Kira Adams' Spotlight Saturday! Every week I will be featuring a different author in the industry. Indie, trad, small press, etc. The point is to help get the word out about new-to-you authors and books they are releasing. Maybe you will find your next favorite author. Maybe you will find a story that will touch your soul. Whatever the case may be, thank you for being here. 


This weeks featured author is Sarah Delany!




1.     What inspired you to write Don't think. Just breathe?

In 2019 I suffered the loss of my dad, sister and a best friend. I was struggling with my grief and on the anniversary of my dad's birthday I started writing him a letter. Then that letter just turned into a story and from there it took off. It's fiction romance but focuses a lot on grief and mental health as well. It's the first book in a now finished trilogy.

 

2.     How long have you been writing?

I've only been writing seriously since 2020 but I used to love enjoying writing and English at school.

 

3.     If you had to choose a fictional character from one of your books to have lunch with who would it be with and why?

It would definitely be Rafe. He is one of the side characters in the TNT Trilogy and was just so easy to write that he became my favourite character. He's easy going and is such a fun character that I'm sure he'd have me laughing over a lunch break.

 

4.     What has been your biggest accomplishment since publishing?

It would probably be that I have over 300 paperbacks floating around the world now. Most are in libraries too. There are libraries in NZ, Australia, USA, and the UK that now have them on their shelves which I think is pretty cool.

 

5.     Do you have anything else in the works apart from your book or series?

I have a spin off of a side character that I am working on and also have a different stand alone that I've started as well. It is looking like it will be a YA romance as well.

 

6.     What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

If you plan to self publish then work on your fan base and promoting your book or books a few months before you release them. Releasing a book and hoping people see it without gaining any interest first is hard. I wish I had known that. And also reach out to other indie authors as it's a wonderful community with a lot of us offering support for each other.

 

7.     Are you a pantser or a plotter?

I like to have a general idea of the main plot points that I want the book to contain and then I usually let the characters have free reign and they direct me where they want to go.

 

8.     What is a writing goal you have?

I want to release at least 2 books next year. Having small kids can be a bit of a balancing act but hopefully can get more books out next year.




Don’t Fade. Breathe Easy. Is the third book in the TNT Trilogy. It released on June 1st, 2021.

 

How much pain can a heart take before it reaches breaking point?

Why? Why didn’t I see it? I can’t go through this again. I won’t survive another heartbreak…

Dealing with the aftermath of a tragedy is never easy. The ripples of the after effects are felt by all, not just Tate and Tamsyn. Can they survive the experience while it opens old wounds? Can their group of friends remain intact while their foundation is shaken to the core? Is Tate and Tamsyn’s love strong enough to survive outside the realms of high school?

Find out in the epic conclusion to the TNT Trilogy.

 

Check out the first book in the series, Don’t Think. Just Breathe. here: 

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Think-Just-Breathe-trilogy/dp/0648814408




Website: http://sarahdelany.com/

No comments: