Pages

Bloglovin'

Followers

Total Page views

Saturday, October 09, 2021

Spotlight Saturday: Shane Morgan

 

Welcome to Kira Adams' Spotlight Saturday! Every week I will be featuring a different author in the industry. Indie, trad, small press, etc. The point is to help get the word out about new-to-you authors and books they are releasing. Maybe you will find your next favorite author. Maybe you will find a story that will touch your soul. Whatever the case may be, thank you for being here.

This weeks feature is Shane Morgan!

There will be corresponding posts on my Facebook page, my Instagram page, in the group, and here on my blog!




1.     What inspired you to write Risks & Betrayals Duet?

I love romantic suspense but haven’t written a book in that genre for a while now. The plot and characters came out of nowhere after months of writer’s block. So I knew I had to give in and write the story. I didn’t even have an outline. I allowed the characters to lead me.

 

2.     How long have you been writing?

I’ve been writing since I was a little girl. Professionally, I released my debut self-published book in June 2012. It’s a collection of short horror stories.

 

3.     What book inspired you to begin writing?

Nancy Drew mysteries.

 

4.     Who is your favorite author(s)?

Renée Carlino. Rae Hachton. Christina C. Jones

 

5.     If you had to choose a fictional character from one of your books to have lunch with, who would it be and why?

Alexander “Xander” Westerfield. He’s one heck of a guy. My favorite male character that I’ve written.

 

6.     What has been your biggest accomplishment since publishing?

The fact that there are readers who still want to read my books.

 

7.     Do you have anything else in the works apart from your book/series?

I always have something in the works because I’m always writing. Sometimes I scribble things around and go back when I’m in the right mindset.

 

8.     What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Just do it. If you’re passionate about writing, do it. Do whatever you love. Write whatever you want to write about, and don’t let negative feedback affect you. That’s something I still work on, but I’m a little better.

 

9.     What advice do you have about marketing and promotion?

It’s tough. If you have the budget, acquire assistance. I would say social media is major in book promotions. Be present and interact with readers.

 

10.  What is a writing goal you have?

I just write. I love it. I’m going to do it until I can’t anymore.

 

11.  Are you a pantser or a plotter?

Both, but I’m mostly a pantser.

 

12.  Do you prefer to write in past or present tense?

Present. It hits me more on an emotional level.

 

13.  Are you traditionally published or indie?

Straight indie.

 

14.  How many books have you written?

Including my collection of short stories, I’ve released 16 books. But I’ve written a lot more. I have books in the vault that I may or may not publish in the future.

 

15.  What is your favorite genre and/or trope to write in?

I love romance with suspense or fantasy. I like writing about characters meeting for the first time and then adding crap that may affect the progression of their relationship.

 

16.  Where is your favorite place to write?

In bed at night, on my phone. It’s usually those times that I get a boatload of story ideas.





Deadly Betrayals is the second book in the Risks & Betrayals Duet. It was released on June 28th, 2021.

 

An unexpected discovery leads to new revelations.


Trisha’s life had already changed before she saved a stranger from a bullet. Their connection began the instant their eyes and lips locked.


Her feelings have since intensified, along with her desire to help. But nothing prepared her for what would happen on a risky quest for the truth, much less how deep the sinister scheme ran.


Alexander is still in danger and is nowhere close to solving the mystery. The one person his heart is certain of is Trisha.


Losing her unleashed the kind of dread he’s never felt before. But he also never anticipated it would give clarity to a painful misunderstanding.


Fear grows as their relationship strengthens. Still, no matter what, Xander and Trisha will fight together, and more than anything, fight for each other.


Note: This is the sequel to Risky Encounters and cannot be read as a standalone. You must read the first book before starting Deadly Betrayals.

 

Pick-up the first book in the duet here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VHWSGXT



No comments: